Find an electric tricycle on AliExpress.com
As electric bicycle grow increasingly common, electric tricycles are also experiencing a surge in popularity. They’re convenient, they’re reasonably affordable and they’re so easy to ride – what’s not to like? If you are thinking of upgrading from a traditional tricycle or are deciding whether to make an electric-tricycle your first tricycle, this article will help you make up your mind.
The Benefits Of Riding An Electric Tricycle
Some cyclists don’t understand all the hype about electric-powered tricycles. They just can’t see why anyone would fork out a large sum of money for one when you could buy a traditional tricycle at a lower price or a regular e-bicycle at around the same price. Well, these people have probably never used or ridden on an e- tricycle before. If they did, they would soon see that these tricycles are not overhyped, but underrated. So Let’s see what are the benefits of riding an electric tricycle:
Its Easy to Ride
Did you know...?
Did you know that the world's next manufacturing hub for electric tricycles may be in the Philippines?
The Asian Development Bank is working with the country's government to help promote the use of e-tricycles as a means of private transport in the Philippines and thus develop their burgeoning e-trike industry.
- Electric tricycles are very easy for novice cyclists to ride because there's no balancing involved. The three-wheel setup means the tricycle is ultra-stable.
- E-Tricycles are great investment for elderly people who have never learnt to ride a bicycle. It's a very efficient form of transport, especially if they are mobility-impaired, and they won't really have to pick up any new skills.
- If you can't ride a bicycle, riding an electric bicycle may be a daunting prospect.
It Can Carry Large Loads
- If you need a tricycle for general commuting purposes, it's almost certain you'll need to carry a big load on your tricycle at some point in time. For example, you might need to carry a laptop and documents to work or carry your big bundle of groceries after you've gone grocery shopping.
- Since a tricycle is so much more stable than a bicycle, e-tricycles are great for transporting heavy loads. You'll never have to worry about your load tipping over.
- Many electric tricycles even come with a spacious rear basket capable of storing plenty of stuff.
- You'll find e-tricycles a much more palatable option than a car or motorcycle if you want to contribute to the eco-friendly movement.
- Despite the presence of an motor, e-tricycles actually produce zero pollutants. Since the motor runs on electricity and not fuel, there is no burning involved and thus no harmful carbon emissions.
Buying Your E-Tricycle
E-tricycles may be a relatively new invention, but bicycle manufacturers have already realized the massive profitability of these nifty little devices and as a result, the e-tricycle market contains a wealth of options. It's easy to be overwhelmed by the sheer number of choices available, but don't worry - we're here to help. Let's take a quick look at the kind of electric tricycles you should be looking out for.
- This is one of the most important considerations. If your tricycle can only travel 5 miles on a single charge, it won't be of much use to you unless you have a power generator you can lug everywhere to charge your tricycle.
- As a general rule of thumb, decent e-tricycles should be able to travel at least 20 miles on a single charge.
- As mentioned earlier, one of the key advantages of e-tricycles is their ability to handle cumbersome loads with ease. If this is a priority for you, pick a tricycle with great load-bearing capabilities.
- An e-tricycle with both front and rear baskets will be immensely helpful to you. The Single-seat race car, for example, has two spacious baskets at both the front and back of the bicycle.
Electric Assistance Options
- Electric assistance is great, but you may not want it all the time. Sometimes, you want to pedal normally to get a better workout. Other times, you may want to use a combination of pedal power and electric assistance to get the job done.
- Some e-tricycles are advertised as offering electric assistance options, but are actually next to useless when the electric assistance is turned off. The Mototec Electric Trike is one of the tricycles that has been lauded for performing equally well whether the pure-electric assistance, hybrid electric assistance/pedal power or pure pedal power option is in use.
Where to Buy Bicycle Storage Devices?
If you are interested in buying bicycle storage devices, such as bicycle storage sheds, bicycle covers, bicycle stands and alike, you can buy them in one of these trusted online stores:
Buying an Electric Tricycle on eBay
Whether you're a novice bike rider or a veteran cyclist with a big bicycle and tricycle collection, an e-tricycle might just change your life. Stop hesitating and pick up an electric tricycle. It's a purchase you won't regret!