*** Building Gas Powered Bicycles ***
If the ever-increasing price of gas-is giving you a little bit of anxiety, you’re like me. It’s no big deal if you live in a large city, with a great mass transit system, but many of us live in areas where driving ourselves in the only option. Luckily, bicycle riding is one of the most economical means of transportation, and to make biking a little bit quicker, easier, and more fun the following information will teach you how to build a bicycle.
Motorized bicycles are not electric bicycles. They are bicycles equipped with an engine, muffler, carburetor, ignition, etc, and they are run with gasoline.
Most gasoline-powered bicycles can ride up to 40 miles per hour and get around 150 miles per gallon.
Many of you may feel intimidated at the thought of converting your current bicycle into a motorized bicycle, but with the instructions on how to build a bicycle, it’s simpler than you may think. In addition, to buy a motorized bicycle costs upward near $1000.00. To convert your current bicycle into a motorized bicycle is very economical. Most conversion kits can be purchased for around $200.00.
How To Build a Motorized Bicycle
For most people, purchasing a conversion kit is the easiest way to convert your bicycle into a motorized bicycle. Most kits come with everything you need (except a few tools for assembly). Once you have a kit, you can follow the simple instructions provided:
- Remove the rear wheel of the bicycle. Install the drive ring and the motor over the spokes.
- Connect the motor belt over the drive ring. Your goal with this step is to create a conveyer belt for the rear tire. The belt will power the bike and replace the chain.
- Reattach the rear wheel to the bicycle.
- To assemble the motor component, follow manufacturer’s instructions. I recommend the 80cc 2-stroke Gas Engine Motor Set. It is s complete kit tailored to fit most bicycles with a v-frame. All you need is the tools to assemble the kit. Take a look:
80cc 2-stroke Gas Engine Motor Set
- Depending on the type of motor you’re installing, you will be attaching the motor next to the gear shaft or above the rear wheel. It is very important to follow manufacturer’s instructions because this step affects the safety of your motorized bicycle.
- Attach the belt to the engine’s drive shaft.
- Make sure all nuts and bolts have been tightened and that they are secure.
- Install the tensions arm on the handlebars near the brake arms.
- Install the kill button next to the tension arm. This is an essential safety function of a motorized bike because it can quickly kill the engine if you have an emergency.
- If you’re installing gear shifters, follow manufacturer’s instructions on proper installation.
Where to Buy Oil Engines for Bicycle?
If you are interested in buying oil engines for bicycle you can buy them in one of these trusted online stores:
Gas Powered Bicycle Conversion Kits On eBay
|No "Gas motor" (All condition) found on eBay(US)|
YouTube Videos on How to Build Gas Powered Bicycles
There are some video clips on how to build motorised bicycles. Please take a look at some of the very informative videos on YouTube:
Building Gas Powered Bicycle - Part 1
Last Word on How to Build Gas Powered Bicycles
Now that you know how to build motorized bicycles you can see how simple it is to convert your regular bicycle into a motorized bicycle. With all of the great conversion kits available, the process is much more doable than you may think. Before you know it, you'll be having a great time as well as saving gas zipping around on your new motorized bicycle.